Hi Rob,

At a normal focal length, try to get a 43mm/1.9 second hand: it's been
out for 4 years, so there are a few around. I've seen them for around
GBP 160-250 depending on condition. In fact, some shops in London were
selling the 43mm new (divorced from an MZ-3 kit, no doubt) for GBP 299.
I think it's well worth it. My 24/f2 tests as sharper than the 43, but
there's something about the quality of the 43's focus that's more
pleasing to the eye.

The 24/f2 is also a lovely lens, but only if you'd like a wideangle, of
course.

I have no experience of the 77 or 31 limiteds, but some of the other
replies make me want to try the 77... ;-)

--
Kristian