----- Original Message -----
From: "P. J. Alling" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I still have a hard time believing that this stuff actually
displaced Kodachrome as the saturated slide film of choice. Kodachrome
may have been highly saturated but it still had some relationship to the
colors of nature.

REPLY:

I took a test as a reaction to this myth about ten years ago. I shot the
same scene (forest interior in overcast mid day light) with Kodachrome 64
and Velvia. Two weeks later I went back under similar light and compared the
slides with reality. Guess what? The Kodachrome was truly way off from
reality. It was completely unable to render the color green in anyway
resembling reality: it was greyish and total flat. Kodachrome blues is also
way off with a grey tint. Velvia was closer to reality being able to render
the vibrancy of the greens. It is saturated but not by much compared to
reality....

Pål