On 13/09/2007, P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Those look like typical Velvia, or as I like to call it Velveeta, (Kraft
> Corporation's processed "Cheese Food", since it has the same
> relationship to natural color that Velveeta has to natural cheese), to
> me.. I still have a hard time believing that this stuff actually
> displaced Kodachrome as the saturated slide film of choice. Kodachrome
> may have been highly saturated but it still had some relationship to the
> colors of nature.

Kodachrome has a strange colour palette, it's notoriously difficult to
scan and it not due to the density of the slides. I gave up Velvia a
long time ago, I mostly use Provia 100F with my 67 gear I find it
provides a great palette and realistic saturation whilst retaining
detail.

--
Rob Studdert
HURSTVILLE AUSTRALIA