Interspersed...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Grasshopper? How juvenile.

Not a Kung Fu fan, huh?  Sit back, have another cup of coffee and don't
get your feathers ruffled at my feeble attempt at humor.

> Two accidents in four years at an airport that is within half a mile of
skyscrapers is two too many.

Both of these accidents occurred on the ground, not in flight.  I doubt
they would have been able to taxi to any of these skyscrapers to do any
damage.

As a longtime Chicago resident, I'm very familiar with Meigs' reputation.

As a longtime professional pilot so am I...

Several local pilots I knew would have nothing to do with it.

Apparently they were intelligent pilots and knew their limitations.

Many pilots of single engine aircraft didn't like to fly into Meigs
because the traffic pattern and approaches required that you spend a lot
of time over Lake Michigan regardless of whether you were using runway
18 or 36.  Approaching and departing traffic, whether single or
multi-engine, was *never* routed over the city.

-p