Manual focus is great for high speed objects if you can pick the
point of shutter release prior to the shot. I used it for many years
shooting dragsters at 200 mph and other motorsports as well. If the
path of the speeding object can be predicted, manual is a lock.
Paul

>>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=6065859&size=lg
>>> http://photo.net/photodb/photo?photo_id=5786253&size=lg