mike wilson wrote:

> BTW, wind your sound up and listen to the Merlin at full blast here.  Don't
> play the Corsair one at the top, it will make you feel ill.
> http://www.aviationshoppe.com/Sounds1.html

There used to be a tractor pull "car" here in the US that had either
five or seven Merlins fitted.  He claimed close to 10,000 HP, IIRC.
They were /not/ stock-fitment Merlins. :-)

I love the sound of the Wright radials, like the one in the Corsair.  At
an air show when I was a kid, a "flight" of three Corsairs buzzed the
crowd at "mess up our hair" altitude and it was just stupendous, and
nearly stupefying.

--
Thanks,
DougF (KG4LMZ)