From: graywolf

> When I rode the train through Montana, when was it 2003?, there were
> actually NG troops at the doors of the train at one stop. There were
> also some US Marshalls stomping up and down the aisles of the train.
> I thought for a moment that the train had wound up somewhere in
> Europe during the late 30's somehow. I remember someone saying that
> station was only 10 miles from the border. I guess Frank and Dave
> were trying to sneak in.

Somewhere about 40 - 50 miles east out of El Paso on I-10, they close
the interstate after dark and all traffic is routed through a Border
Patrol checkpoint. I-10 parallels the border through there, and you can
see Mexico from the highway.

At night there's a dark space that seems to stretch out a couple miles
to the south of the interstate, and beyond that the Mexican side's all
lit up.