The evacuation orders have been lifted in several areas today.
On another hand, some more rural areas were ordered to evacuate
toward the evening (e.g. Julian).

So far, there was only 1 death directly related to the wildfire.
The rest may or may not have been related (e.g. heart attacks).
The number of injured in the fire is also relatively low:
the last numbers I heard were: 22 civilians and 5 firefighters.

I feel for those who lost their homes.

As for the news reports, it is impressive how many times over
last two days the information given by different sources was different
from each other.

Igor

Wed Oct 24 02:07:31 EDT 2007