I am having issues with Lightroom performance specifically in the
develop module.

When I open an image and zoom to 1:1 it takes about 5-10 seconds for
the image to change from the highly pixellated preview to the proper
1:1 view.  This would not be so bad if this did not happen every time
I pan around the image.

Although the machine is not the latest and hottest it is quite well spec'd

3.4GHZ  w/Hyperthreading 1GB ram
The image folders and the lightroom library are on separate hard disks
with the lightroom library residing on a dedicated drive.

The windows swap file is on yet another separate hard disk in its own partition.

For all other apps including photoshop the machine flies. and I've
apllied numerous XP tweaks that have improved performance but this
issue with LR has me at my wits end..

The LR library is approaching 9000 images.  All have 1:1 previews built.

Regards

Patrick Genovese