Charles,

Pentax makes a variety of film format cameras.
The *ist D is a 35mm film format camera, even though no film is involved.
It uses Pentax K mount, 35mm format lenses. (think 24mm x 36mm film)
In a pinch, with a $10 adapter, the Pentax screwmount 35mm format
lenses can be mounted.

Pentax also makes a 645 camera and a 67 format camera. (think 120 or 220 film)
These are much bigger film cameras with bigger lenses.
Exposed film is nominally 6cm x 4.5cm or 6cm x 7 cm.
You can buy adaptors for $100-200 (if you can find them) to mount
these on K mount cameras.

So, such lenses are not an easy fit for a camera like your *ist D.

Regards, Bob S.