On 12/3/07, Cotty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The vast majority have had their latest and greatest for a relatively
> short length of time. But I suppose with the cost of these things coming
> down, it's only natural for them to be purchased more readily, whereas
> only a couple of years ago, the cost might have been just the wrong side
> of prohibitive. Now they are well within reach of most, and it seems
> most are buying them. And maybe hanging onto them longer - only 20% said
> their first DSLR was now obsolete. I thought maybe 50% but hey, we're
> not as fickle as we used to be...
>
> I'm not sure of there's anything to be gained from this, but at least it
> gave me something to do on My day off.
>

> Cheers,
>   Cotty

 I know in my case, I was never completely satisfied with the first 4
DSLR's I owned. The D was too slow and the buffer was too small, The
D50 had a poor viewfinder and didn't meter with MF glass, the K100D
had a marginal viewfinder and way too small a buffer, and the 10D was
too slow and unenjoyable to work with. Of those, I was happiest with
the K100D

The DS was the first DSLR that really worked well for me. And I'd be
shooting it happily today if the K10D hadn't been such a great deal (I
upgraded for about $260 actual cash outlay after trade-in on the DS
and the return of a Sony F36AM flash I'd bought for my Minolta Maxxum
7)

--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca