On Fri, Dec 07, 2007 at 09:37:03AM -0000, Bob W wrote:

> you got a bargain. I bought [my MX] in 1979 for ?125- from a shop in
> Leeds. I gave up smoking for a year to get the money together. It's
> now in my safe with my Contaxes. I've also had several other MXs over
> the years, but have always hung on to the original, and suspect I
> always will.

Probably "Leeds Camera Centre" - they were the cheapest shop around
in that part of the country. Some six years before that I drove over
from Manchester, where I worked, to buy my first SLR (a Spotmatic II).

I can't remember off-hand where I bought the MX - somewhere in the
region of Tottenham Court Road, I believe.  I could check - I've still
got the paperwork somewhere in the files.