Marnie wrote:
> Hmmm, I have an nVida card. :-(
>
> How do you run the Spyder startup routine manually, Jostein?

On your Start menu in Windows,
move the mouse to "all programs", and then to "startup". There you
will find an icon for the Spyder (possibly called OptiCal, depending
on your Spyder version).

Press down the CTRL key while dragging the icon (with the mouse) onto
the desktop. Then you have an easily accessible shortcut which you can
double-click at will.

Note that not all nVidia cards are affected. I have a card sporting
the 7600-series chipset in my old computer, and that works just fine.
It's just the 8600-series, afaik.

One clue as to whether your machine is affected is to just right-click
the mouse on a vacant space of the desktop. if the item "nVidia
Control Panel" is not on the list, you're safe. In any case, you could
open the screen properties. Screen number 1 (you have only one,
right...? - Like us other mortals...) will be described as something
like:

"1. PnP screen on <here comes the video card description>".

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/
http://alunfoto.blogspot.com