Sandy Harris wrote:
> If I get a K10D, I'll buy some lenses  with it. However, I'd
> also want use manual focus K-mount lenses.
>
> There are a lot of these available, everything from various
> brands of used ones through new Russian ones
> http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/pentax_cameras_lenses.htm
> to various Cosina/Voigtlander  products
> http://www.cameraquest.com/Voigt_SL2.htm
>
> For those lenses, does a K10D give full aperature metering?
> Is it any better for those lenses than other cameras I might
> consider -- Oly e510 for in-body anti-shake in a smaller
> package or a 5D for those big pixels -- with an adapter?
>
> What about for screw mount Pentax lenses? My guess is
> none of the adapters give full aperature metering for those.

Mark can explain this...

http://www.robertstech.com/compat.htm

A caution with screw mounts, though.

1. The lens should have an A-M switch, and you need to use it in M mode.
It stops down the lens as you change the aperture => stop down metering.
The first Voigtlander 40 SL in M42 doesn't have a switch, which is a
pity because it is a fab lens.

2. Some M42 mounts aren't compatible with an adapter. Fujinon lenses
come to mind - they have a little tab used for aperture sensing, but it
is located on the mating face of the mount, which stops you screwing the
lens fully onto the adapter.

Make that two cautions.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc