I don't know whether this could be considered as a custom function, but, I
would like provision for adding a teleconverter to the SR. Preferably one
where you could multiply the known focal length of any lens, including a zoom
lens, by a factor of 1.4x, 1.5x, 1.7x and 2x so that the cameras SR adjusts
for the addition of a TC automatically.

Regards,

John

 On Thu, 13 Dec 2007 11:56:34 -0500, Adam Maas wrote
> [...]
> when held while the camera's AF mode selector is in an AF selection,
> when the AF Mode Selector is in MF holding the AF button engages the
> AF system in AF-S mode and activates it.
>
> Disengage/Engage AF When Pressed - AF Button overrides the AF Mode
> selector position, toggling the AF system's engagement when pressed.
> As the K10D indicates MF in the viewfinder, this would allow quick
> switching between AF and MF with all AF lenses, even the older FA
> lenses without Quick-Shift Focus. It would engage AF-S mode if the AF
> Mode Selector is set to MF or AF-S, and AF-C if the AF Mode Selector
> is set to AF-C.
>
> Two more AF custom functions are also needed.
>
> The first is 'AF-C Priority', with two options: "Release Priority'
> (Default) and 'Focus Priority'
> The second is 'AF-S Priority', with the same two options, but 'Focus
> Priority' as the default.
>
> Also there needs to be a Custom Function 'Display ISO in Viewfinder'
> which would have 'Disable' as default (showing Frames Remaining) and
> 'Enable' as an option, displaying ISO instead of frames remaining in
> the viewfinder.
>
> As to the in-camera post-processing, it needs a little tweaking.
> First of all, the RAW Development needs a second save option. The current
> one needs to become 'Save as JPEG', and a 'Apply to RAW' options is
> also needed, that applies the selected settings to the RAW metadata
> and regenerates the embedded preview (I want this so I can fix WB
> after the fact in-camera). Also it would be nice if I could select
> one of the digital filters as a default for JPEGs (IE, I want to be able
> to select the B&W options so I can shoot in B&W mode rather than
> having to do conversions afterwards).
>
> --
>
> So I'm going to send this to Pentax as a suggestion, anyone have any
> comments first?
>
> --
> M. Adam Maas
> http://www.mawz.ca
> Explorations of the City Around Us.

> and follow the directions.

------------------------

> The information transmitted is intended only for the person to whom
> it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged
> material. If you have received an email in error please notify
> Carmel College on [EMAIL PROTECTED] then delete all copies of it
> from your systems.
>
> Although Carmel College scans incoming and outgoing emails and email
> attachments for viruses we cannot guarantee a communication to be
> free of all viruses nor accept any responsibility for viruses.
>
> Although Carmel College monitors incoming and outgoing emails for
> inappropriate content, the college cannot be held responsible for
> the views or expressions of the author. The views expressed may not
> necessarily be those of Carmel College and Carmel College cannot be held
> responsible for any loss or injury resulting from the contents of a message.

John Whittingham

Technician