Derby Chang wrote:
> Roman Melihhov wrote:
>> I'm using 2 CR-V3 Li  rechargeables in my K100D Super and Albinar
>> cherger for 1 battery, so I charge them in sequence and they stay
>> charged when unused. That's one good thing about them. Although they
>> last longer too I'd noticed Li batteries tend to die fast when camera
>> indicate half the charge or less. Just my 2ยข...
>>

> Roman,
>
> I am pretty sure I remember Pentax recommending lithium rechargeables
> *not* be used in the *ist DS, and presumably that applies for all of
> the other AA-type cameras as well. They work, but the higher current
> output isn't healthy for the AF motor IIRC.
>
> Another vote for me for the Eneloops in my *ist DS, since I don't use
> it much. It is nice to know the charge will be there when I want to
> use it occasionally.

Checking my facts again, the Pentax manuals state which types of
batteries can be used (of which lithium rechargeables are not included).
Here is a pretty detailed explanation why, not from Pentax, but a very
clear nonetheless.

"Now consider a 4.8-6V circuit divided into 1.2-1.5V, typical 4x AA, or
even 2x CR-V3 (Li-Mn). You'll probably be fine with slight variances in
your AA like 1.6V that even push it up to 6.4V total. Now consider using
2x RCR-V3 (Li-Ion), which is chemically impossible of delivering
anything less than 6V, and has a nominal operation of 7.2V! That's 1.8V.
And if you take it off the charger, and it's not clamped, it could be as
over 8V high as 8.4V total, a whopping 2.1V divided!"

http://thebs413.blogspot.com/2007/07/li-ion-is-not-lithium-eg-li-mn-li-fe.html

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc