Hi,

Shel Belinkoff wrote:

> Recent threads have got me to thinkin' about this new-fangled colour
> film.  B&W film generally has but one layer, and color film has three or
> four layers.  Now, when one focuses, does all the light converge on one
> plane?

This is something which has intrigued me since the introduction
of "apo" lenses.  Assumedly, film manufacturers are striving to
create better colour, etc, and thereby causing the film to
become marginally thicker.  Contrariwise, lens manufacturers are
convincing us that we should be buying lenses which focus light
of all colours in the same plane.

A paradox of the first order, unless.....  the margins of error
are so small as to be unnoticable.  No, perish the thought that
this could all be marketing speak!

mike