> From: Timber <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Date: 2008/02/18 Mon PM 08:28:52 GMT
> To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
> Subject: Adaptall lenses
>
> Hi list!
>
> I would like to ask about the Tamron Adaptall lenses. If anyone has
> experience with them I would be interested to hear. Especially which
> lens to buy :D

I have the 300/2.8, 500/8, 70-210/3.8-4, 90/2.5macro.  All excellent lenses,
capable of producing superb work.

Colour rendition may be more variable across the range than from other
manufacturers but I have not found one that is objectionable.  All of my lenses
are very robust.  My 500/8 once went swimming and came up looking like a half
full bucket of water.  I was able to dismantle it on a kitchen table in a dacha
for cleaning and drying.  Reassembled at home, it is fine.

The adapters.....  Standard K adapter is fine.  The KA adapter has a spotty
quality record.  One of mine regularly comes undone, despite no apparent fault.
 Beware of secondhand ones.