Just received my spanking new R2400, this morning. Guess I should be
happy. Sorry to say I'm not. Not at all.

Part of it is my usual attack of buyer's remorse, some kind of
post-natal depression I usually go through after every major purchase.
Especially when circumstances have forced me to buy something I hadn't
really wanted.

The story? Epson have at last repaired my trusted Stylus Photo 1270 to
death (three trips to their outsourced German repair facilty and still
the same fault) and offered me this 2400 at a price too good to miss.
Still, I would have preferred another 1270 but they had none left for an
exchange.

The problem? I can't use the heaps of Epson Photo Paper I still have.
This is particularly bitter for the Panorama size (21 x 60 cm) as they
make no other paper in this format.

Worse, I've discovered that each swap between the matte and photo black
ink cartridges and the ensuing loooong nozzle-cleaning routine gobbles
up some 10 euros (15 USD) worth of ink. Epson being what they are, they
won't just clean the black nozzle but the lot of them, all 9 colours.
:-/

So, I guess I'll have to settle on one kind of paper, either matte or
glossy. Problem is I'd hate printing my colour photos on Epson's
Archival Matte (looks naff) or my b/w on Premium Glossy (looks like the
plasticky PE b/w papers from the 70's, yikes!).

Anyone else with a 2400 who'd like to share his experience or a
suggestion for some paper that's OK with b/w and colour?

Ralf

--
Ralf R. Radermacher  -  DL9KCG  -  Köln/Cologne, Germany
private homepage: http://www.fotoralf.de