Joe. I'm nipping a smooth VSOP here, so my I don't trust my own judgement 100%.
But I just had a read up at Depht of of Focus and Depht f Field at
Wikipedia. And it seems that Bills advise could be worth lisening to
here. No harm in trying a different approach, is it? Judging from my
read up, he may have a point.

(He may have two points, but I don't like the last one, so lets
pretend we did not read that one ;-) )

MaritimTim