On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 9:21 AM, Tim Øsleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Yesterday I ordered the K20D locally :-)
>
> Really looking forward to get to know this new tool, but I have also
> been having the same dilemma. I can see myself fiddling back and forth
> with the AF tuning facilities for ever. Just pixel peeping, instead of
> making photographs. I have a friend who has bought the camera, and he
> seem to be spending a way too much time thinking about focus accuracy.
>
> This said. You have my sympathy, Joe. AF problems are frustrating. But
> I'm not sure Nikon will solve your problems. If you hook at a Nikon
> forum, you will probably find others who experiences the same thing.
> I'm afraid QC is a term of the past. And we concumers looking for bang
> for the buck are the one who have forced it out of the window.
>
> MaritimTim

Nikon users are having just as many problems with AF accuracy,
particularly on the lower-end bodies in the same market as the
K10D/K20D. The D3/D300 have the same sort of AF fine-tune as the K20D
for this reason.

I'm beginning to think that digital is just more sensitive to Depth of
Focus than film is.
--
M. Adam Maas
http://www.mawz.ca