Actually the "infected" lens is not mine it just spend a couple of
minutes on my K10D.

I took Paul's advice and cleaned the mount and body cap thoroughly
hopefully that should be enough. I found some information on-line
reccomending a wipe down with hydrogen peroxide then alcohol .  Ive
done that and I guess all I can do is hope for the best.

Actually none of my lenses have ever had fungus on them.  One of the
older ones has a little bit of dust inside but other than that i've
never had any such problems.

--
Regards

Patrick Genovese