This seems to be in keeping with the look of how things are panning out.
It must be obvious to the whole industry that the success of the Canon
D30 has highlighted the need for medium-priced pro/am digi SLR. With the
previous 6MP Pentax vapoware, the price would have been well within the
Nikon D and upcoming Canon EOS1 D territory - but few would have been
sold, seeing as how Nikon and Canon have cornered the pro market. Very
few Nikon/Canon users would have swapped for a Pentax - even if it was
full-frame. The next cameras from Nikon and Canon will have full frame
sensors.  Which leaves us, a few making there living shooting Pentax,
most doing it for love, not wanting to lose all the glass, wanting good
quality.

If there is anyone at Pentax reading this, or anyone knows anyone at
Pentax, please copy and paste the following and email it to them:

------------------
Dear Pentax,

I am an amateur Pentax user of many years, on the cusp of introducing
digital image acquisition to my repertoire. I am painfully close to
buying a Canon D30, and I do mean painfully. I am prepared to wait - but
not for much longer. The point is, if I don't get the chance to buy a
Pentax DSLR soon (before Christmas 2002 TOPS), I will, without doubt, be
getting a D30, and swapping glass as appropriate. The even bigger point:
very unlikely I will swap back, because then I will be caught up in the
Canon Way, updating bits of kit as and when appropriate. Sure I'll keep
some vintage Pentax kit, but as a company, that's of little interest to
you - what you want is for me to buy a Pentax D, not a Canon D. What you
want is for me to stay Pentax, so I'll then upgrade as new cameras become
available, new lenses, and so on. So please, I know you're working on it,
I know you're building it - give me (and all the rest of us in this
situation) a quick word of confirmation. Tap out a quick press release,
give it to the magazines as a filler even. But give me a confirmation
that we'll see hardware on the shelves sometime SOON! Thank you.

I sometimes think that we, as Pentax users, could do a better job! Anyone
want to bung some money in the hat and we'll buy out Pentax - the PDML
co-operative?

Cheers,

Cotty