The June issue of Popular Photography arrived yesterday, including a
review of this lens. The reviewer, Julia Silber, says that she spent
several weeks using the lens in the field. I have never before seen a
review in Pop Photo that said this. Anyway, she has the highest praise
for the lens. It has the best distortion performance of any lens tested
with DxO. The review describes the optics as "near flawless." Also, "If
there's a downside to this lens, we couldn't find it."

Interestingly, while the lens is indeed based on the optics of the FA*
200 F2.8, the rear element was redesigned to project a flat-field image.
Also, it has new internal coatings.

Joe