2008/5/21 Tim Øsleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> Underexposing also gives more ISO noise,
> so this makes it a trade off situation between noise or fringing.
> Life ain't easy. The best thing is often to avoid the highlights.

Life ain't easy. :-)

In my opinion, the most salient point is as you say, to avoid the
highlights. Or perhaps even better, to contemplate the psychologial
implications of an unbendable urge to photograph backlit twigs at
f/2.8. I'd say the disposition of Fotozone looks unhealthy... :-)

It is also worth noting that Fotozone have no mention of even
considering the same properties for comparable lenses from Nikon and
Canon. I've checked. And the sample photos does not include scenes
where PF may emerge. Until the next test of a similar lens from the
big two, I guess it's better to think that this property is something
hitherto unknown to Fotozone, and that a DA* attached to a K10D from
Pentax just happened to be the first lens/camera combo they made such
considerations for. If they ignore PF testing for other brands in the
future, however, they'll pretty much be as the ornithologist would
say, pooping in their own nest. :-)

Jostein

--
http://www.alunfoto.no/galleri/