Oh, sure, Derby,

People who goes really in deep on equipment technology rarely is able to
maintain the same level when it comes to actual pictures.

Actually, what I think is that there are 2 different 'hobbies':
- Photography: taking, showing, looking at pictures, talk and comment them.
- Photo equipment: collect and test equipment, follow the industry news,
discuss about it, complain...

Everyone has a certain amount of both hobbies, but the ones you mention are
really biased towards the second one.

In my case I would say that I am quite balanced, so maybe that's why I kind of
regret loosing content of one of them here.

>As much as I like to fondle gear myself, I find those to bleat on about
equipment shortcomings tend to be those who have the least to say
photographically. As Rod Serling would say, case in point...

http://ricehigh.blogspot.com/2008_01_01_archive.html
(his only non-test chart photos posted on the web, AFAICS)

Equipment news is tomorrow's recycling. Photographic insight is timeless

Derby

--

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://members.iinet.net.au/~derbyc