On Sun, 2 Dec 2001 19:51:05 -0500, you wrote:

>Wow, that must be one fast baby and some real fast adults too!  Looks
>more like 1/6 second to me than 1/60.  Actually, I kind of like the
>effect, and I'm note sure I'd like the photo any better if it were
>static.  But, I'll admit I'm weird that way.

You're not the only one. The mother and grandmother just love that
photo. And yes, the baby suddenly moved very fast, and the adults
matched suit. But after thinking about your comment, I tend to agree
the shutter must have been much slower than 1/60.

I took the photo with a digital camera with one nagging problem -
every time I rotate the command dial to review a photo, it reverts
back to some auto Tv-Av setting (rather than my manual settings) when
I switch back to photo mode. I had been shooting at 1/125 flash sync.
In this case I think the camera reverted to 1/30 or slower unbeknownst
to me. It only meters for ambient when an external flash is attached,
so a very slow shutter speed is likely.

--
John Mustarde