> In 2000, US consumers made 29.9 billion prints from film, and 500,000
> prints from digital
> sources. In 2007, consumers made 8.9 billion prints from film, and 16.3
> prints from digital.
> 2008 projects to be 5.8 billion film prints, 16.3 digital prints.
> In 2007, 35% of digital prints were made at home, that number is projected
> to fall to 31% in
> 2008.

This last part does not surprise me.  Consumers are hopefully waking up to
the cost-vs-convenience factor of printing at home, plus the potential
technical and quality issues that come with trying to be your own
photofinisher.  For the sake of photolabs everywhere, I hope the
print-at-home number continues to drop.

> In other news, it looks like the trend in photolabs is away from wet
> prints. Fuji's new line of
> Frontier machines is using inkjet technology.

I wonder if that's because they could make more money selling ink rather
than chemicals.  Personally, I hope labs stay with chemical systems.

John

--
http://www.neovenator.com
http://www.cafepress.com/neovenatorphoto