Perhaps.
I have now come to the conclusion, that monochrome means "One Colour".
That is blue in blue, green in green, red in red, gray in gray etc. Very dark
parts will seem like the chosen colour in the darkest version. Very bright may
seem white.

A few years ago monochrome pictures were NOT accepted many places, if ink other
than gray and black was used.

Today this has changed. You can print in shades of blue, red, green etc. and
still get the images accepted as monochrome. As long as there is no trace of
other colours in the image. That is if you tone an image sephia, the dark parts
should also appear brown, not black. The toning must be total.
Black and Sephia in one photograph makes it a colour photograph, since it has
two colours.

Regards
Jens

--
Treat others as you would like to be treated yourself.