On Thu, 06 Dec 2001 12:29:31 -0800, you wrote:
snip
>. If you checked your Z-1p carefully, you would
>discovered the actual aperture selected on the camera was not that accuracy.
>The accuracy is lens dependence. Up to 2/3 EV difference could be possible
>based on my observation.

I'm too tired to conduct another test tonight, so I'll ask the
simplest questions: does the EV difference (aperture selected by
thumbwheel as compared to aperture selected at aperture ring) occur
only wide open, or wide open and stopped down, or only when stopped
down?

Is the variation predictable and repeatable at a given F-stop for a
specific lens model and camera model? Or does it vary for each lens of
a given model, much as the optical performance of each sample of a
given lens varies slightly?

Does you expereience of 2/3 EV variation mean plus-or-minus 2/3 EV for
a 4/3 EV range, or plus-or-minus 1/3 EV for a 2/3 EV range?

Thanks if you can relate your experience on any of my questions. I
will try out some tests for myself this weekend. I'm always willing to
learn something new to help reduce unnecessary variables in my
exposures.

--
John Mustarde