> Hungary! I've been in Vienna twice but never been able to travel
> to Budapest or even across the border. Next time I'll plan a
> longer journey...

You should come.  It is really pretty.  In fact I started Photography here
in Lincoln, NE. Talk about boring (especially without a car)  I can't wait
to get home where there is just so much to shoot.

> What do you study?

International business as an undergrad and polisci as grad.  I am in
between the two.  3 of my classes are undergrad finishing my degree, 2 are
grad starting the other degree.  Next semester I will take off though to
work for one of the political parties until the elections.  (campaign
consulting job)

> I mean the eyepiece, not the eyecup...

What I mean was that I did notice the problem of not seeing the whole
screen when I used an eyecup.  It is probbaly similar effect the your
glasses :))

> Step by step you'll do anything... There is no kind of
> photography truly hard (well... there may be a couple of
> exceptions...).

Well getting what you really want on the infrared film and getting some of
thos planets right sure don't seem to be easy.

> I really cannot help you much as I do not astrophotography (only
> once a year or so...), but i can quote from
> http://www.euronet.nl/~pimr/lxfsmain.html#main_table
>
> " 1 Focusing with SD-11 and SD-21
> I don't know anything about their application, so I'll just
> quote from the Operating Manual. "When focusing with these
> screens, while looking through the viewfinder, place the subject
> you want to focus on in the central cross hairs, and focus the
> lens. When the subject does not come off the central cross hairs
> even if you have moved your eyes slightly to the right or left,
> your subject is then in focus. The SD-11 is suited for
> astrophotography and photomicrography, and if used for other
> purposes, or depending on the telescope or microscope to be used
> with, the corners of the frame may be darkened." "

Woow.  Sounds hard, but I am sure I will get a hang of it.  I don't know
if I will have the opportunity to do astro in the near or even distant
future.  So I guess it is not that important anyway.

We have a solar eclipse on the 14th (not complete) and as soon as the mood
goes away I was planning to take a few pictures of Jupiter, but my MX died
since.

> If your purpose is to use your "normal" lenses (even the not so
> normal 50-250/4) and not a telescope I should warn you: not use
> one of the new (and expensive) screens for the LX (the -60/-69
> ones). They won't fit your needs and you'll be disappointed.
>
> Go for a screen designed for "general purpose" (the SC-21, SA-21
> et simila).

OK, thx.

> Have a look at
> http://www.euronet.nl/~pimr/fscrntab.html
> for an idea of the compatibilty of the screens with the various
> lenses.

Thanks.  Good site.

> I would have a hard time trying to take a photo without glasses:
> I press the camera with a certain effort on my right eye and my
> nose to hold it steady (I usually shot handheld even with 1/8,
> 1/4s).

1/8 I do too.

> If I didn't wear glasses I'd change the shape of my nose
> and would need to clean up the eyepiece after every shot. This

That happends a lot to me :))  Actually when you have it so close to your
eye, it is harder to notice if the eyepiece is not prestine clean.

> way I only have to change the right lens of my glasses on a
> regular basis (you cannot imagine how can a camera induce
> scratches on glass...).

:))  I can imagine...

> I can suggest the SE-60 coupled with the SC-21 or SA-21. The
> last two were my most used screens on my LXs before I could put
> the hands on the SC-69 (do not use this one in the MX for normal
> shooting!).

OK makes sence.  So I can get the SE-60 for the tele and the super tele
and get the SC-21 or SA-21 for all other applications.  (SC-21 I guess I
would prefer)  I just wish they would have a screen with no markings (but
especially no micropsims or split prism) that is good for the MX.  The
SE-20 has a circle in the middle but no microprisim.  Do you think that
would work?  Or is it worth putting up with this at all?  Is it better to
use LX screens in the MX then MX screens?

> Screens get scratched. That's what they do best... :-)

I did find this out the hard way...  Screens suck :))

thx

Levente -Levi- Littvay
University of Nebraska-Lincoln