> There has been a nice little park and walking trail near my home for
> over twenty-five years.  Recently, due to street construction, it was
> improved.  It turned out it drained into a wetland and could no longer
> be mowed as it was in the past.  It's now planted with wildflowers and
> actually looks fairly nice.  Here are a just a few shots I took on a
> little walk through the park and the nearby neighborhood.
>
> <http://www.georgesphotos.net/gallery/5864971_oTKiz/1/364219253_zmnad>
>
> -GS-
> <http://georgesphotos.net>

Nice little neighborhood park. Regarding that blue thing ...

Before most construction, you have to get a utility locating service to
come out to show where the underground pipes are. It's a water valve,
and there's a surveyors ribbon next to it. I can see just just the
tiniest hint of blue paint on the grass above the valve.

I expect the valve was painted, along with a line on the grass, so the
construction crew would know where the water line is located.