From: Toralf Lund <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Thibouille wrote:
>> > It IS indeed a FA35/2 with Samsung badge on it and manufactured by
>> > Pentax (both Samsung lenses ans bodies are still manufactured by
>> > Pentax).
>> >
> Hmmm. The Schneider-Kreuznach (a.k.a. Jos. Schneider Optische Werke)
> website seems to indicate that the Samsung cameras have actual Schneider
> optics, but maybe it's just make-believe? Some of the zoom lenses to not
> appear to have exact Pentax equivalents, though...
>
> And yes, contrary to what some people seem to think, Scheider still
> exists as an actual company - it's not just an old brand name that
> others stick on their equipment (unlike some others in the photo industry.)

Samsung the conglomerate owns Schneider I think. I saw something about
it when Pentax & Samsung first announced their joint development deal
for sensors back when Sony had everyone by the balls & was squeezing
everything they could out of it.

I remember a reference to Samsung bringing their own optical experience
to the table through their Schneider subsidiary in addition to their
background in chip making.