Actually, in the old days <=mid-sixties' WA weren't exactly great
performers. When you multiplied their faults x 2 + added the faults of
the teleconverter you got rather soft pictures. But like a lot of the
photographic rules we seem to be slaves to it doesn't much apply to
today's equipment. Also, true WA, not retrofocus, protrude too far out
the back of the mount to use a teleconverer.

Ciao,
graywolf