On Oct 6, 2008, at 13:55,  John Celio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Back when I was an art student and was in my first photography class,

<SNIP>

What sort of philosophy do you have when working with your photos, both
old and new?

John

Have? Or wish I had?

Anyone who has been into my Gallery (http://gallery.me.com/jomac)(shameless plug) would know that, especially in the last two weeks of September, I just throw anything close to in focus up for the world to groan at. For two reasons: 1. The folks whose dogs are in the shots would want to download them and brag to someone anyway. 2. I don't have time to go through 150 shots a day and cull the best 2 or 3, then work on them in Aperture to make them the "best that they can be". I don't disallow the downloading of whatever size image of the dog park that Aperture publishes to the Gallery. This also gives me visual feedback to what I may be doing wrong (usually the camera's fault, however) so the next day they might be better.

BUT! At some later date, as you are suggesting, be it a week or month or year, I go back and find the best "photographs"
 and will set them aside for my Website.

Won't do that until my Spyder2 Pro shows up later this week so I know what I'm seeing.

I have over 1500 rolls of film of B&W negs, color negs, and 5000+ slides. I only made about 250 proof sheets both B&W and color and they have only had a few prints made from, going back to 1965. I have a lot of work to do, because in just the B&W proof sheets, I've seen in the last year dozens of images I'd love to see in print. These are photos that at the time I gave no thought to, as they were just more of the life I was living and the sights around me. I hope to imagine that there are many more.

Backward looking eyes...

Joseph McAllister
Pentaxian