On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 11:30 AM,  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> ==========
> Captures the mood, but  pretty noisy. I suspect those are due to high ISO.
>
> Marnie aka Doe  :-)  I tend to keep my ISO set at 200, most of the time. It
> covers most  bases.

Hey, Marnie,

Thanks for the comment.  You likely don't know this because you've
been away for a while, but my computer's been down for a while (needs
a new hard drive and I can't afford a new one right now).  My computer
has Photoshop, but neither my work computer nor my partner's computer
have that, so I've been relegated to processing my pix at work with FS
Image Viewer.  It really doesn't allow much to be done - certainly no
noise reduction.

In PS I'd have certainly been able to reduce the noise a fair bit -
and the resulting loss of detail wouldn't have hurt the photo at all.
So once I get my 'puter up and running and re-loaded with PS, I'll
have this thing rendered so it looks much better.  I think I have the
seed of a decent photo here, but clearly more needs to be done.

As much as anything else I posted it to get opinions as to the
horizontal striping on this, to see if it's something I can avoid in
the future (it appears not).

As for ISO 200 - I think it would have been a bit slow for that dark
dance floor!  ;-)

cheers,
frank