This is a series for a magazine article about Myrna
Galle, a local dance teacher. Myrna is a former
soloist of the NYC Ballet and was a member of the
Ballet Russe de Monte Carlo. She also coregraphed many
Broadway shows and was the lead dancer in the touring
show of "The Music Man." Currently she teaches ballet
at the Grass Valley Center for the Arts.

I went down last Friday and photographed Myrna and the
dancers in two separate classes. It was a challenge
but it was a lot of fun. I had gone out the Friday
before to scout the location and see what I was up
against. Too high a ceiling in the first studio made
wireless flash with umbrellas the best solution (pink
walls weren't much help for bounce flash). A entire
wall of mirrors in both studios allowed for shooting
the dancers from their reflections, but keeping myself
out of the shot when shooting toward the mirrors was
tricky. This was easier in the second studio with a
lower, white ceiling so I could use a camera mounted
flash pointed up and backwards.

K20, K10, (2x) 540 flashes + boosters, two stands with
umbrellas, DA* 16-50, DA 10-17, A85 1.4, FA 31 ltd.

http://www.primelensphoto.com/the_dancers/index.html

I'm still futzing with these selects and editing them.

-Brendan