To include Celsius would have been repetitive.

Jack Davis wrote:
Celsius?

--- On Wed, 12/3/08, P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: P. J. Alling <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: PESO - Memories of Summer
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 9:49 AM
<sSpock>37.40 to be precise</spock>

frank theriault wrote:
On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Jack Davis
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Couldn't be a more definitive example. Well
chosen and rendered.
Today is bright and completely still with a
forecast of 65F. (A "crisp" 62F now-11:22AM)
Always like to keep you current as to our weather,
Frank. Like you to know how we are all suffering.
<snicker>
Thanks for the update, Jack!

;-)

I took this with one of my favourite 35mm film zooms,
the Vivitar
Series 1 f3.8 constant aperture 24-48mm.

It's big, heavy but has very low distortion at all
focal lengths.
Problem is that it's very hard to focus without
the usual focusing
aids on manual focus cameras (split screen or
microprism).  And, as I
discovered from a few very blurry shots from a couple
of weeks ago,
focuses beyond infinity (which I suppose is better
than never getting
to infinity!).

So it's really lousy street lens, but for
situations where one has the
time to be deliberate, it's a beauty.

As for the weather, well, I really don't mind the
nice cold, white
winters I had as a kid in Montreal, but Toronto (while
it does get
snow) is generally grey, wet and dismal from
mid-November to about
March.  I've learned to live with it, except when
I'm cycling.  As we
speak (type?) it's +3 Celsius (maybe 38F?) and
drizzling - quite
dreary!  It's not going to be a fun ride home, but
at least I can tell
myself that it's not pouring!

:-)

Thanks for the comment.

cheers,
frank
--
You get further with a kind word and a gun, than with a
kind word alone.

directly above and follow the directions.