Tim, you were definitely in the "New York Frame of Mind" or whatever the exact lyrics of that song by Billy Joel are.

I visited the Big Apple back in 1994 and from your photos I gather that whatever changed is but a trifle.

Boris

Tim Bray wrote:
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2008/12/05/-big/R0010907.jpg

For a buncha other Manhattan-cliché shots,
http://www.tbray.org/ongoing/When/200x/2008/12/05/Fuzzy-New-York

I was traveling light, so these are the little Ricoh GX100.  It's a
honey, but damn, I wished I'd had the K20 along approximately every 15
minutes.  -T