Rob Studdert wrote:

Michael Henry wrote:

> http://www.cosina.com/125_Voigt.htm
>
> This lens looks rather cool.
>
> I hadn't realised before, though, that Voigtlander
was made by Cosina.
> These two brands have completely different
connotations for me:
>   Cosina the manufacturer of cheap 3rd-party lenses,
and
>   Voigtlander the prestigious rangefinder
manufacturer.

> I s'pose I should get over this way of thinking,
since Cosina (I believe)
> manufacture a few Nikon models.

The Voigtlander name is merely licenced by Cosina to
plaster on their RF products

Actually the Voigtlander Apolanthar 125mm is not a RF
lens. It is an MF lens available for almost all
current 35mm SLR systems. Its specifications look
rather interesting (can be focused down to 1:1)...
Alexander
or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com