On Mar 9, 2009, at 10:11 , Charles Robinson wrote:
I spent the last weekend "up North" as they say here in Minnesota.

When you are "on the lake" it's a complete boating experience in the summertime. Wintertime, it's all about snowmobiles.

At one end of the lake a river flows in... which in the Spring means there is an area of the lake with some open water. I observed some guys doing silly silly things with their machinery:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2009/lake_vermilion/content/IMGP8772_large.html

I actually had been there a day earlier with only my pocket camera (Fuji F30) and took a photo which I think is actually a little more dynamic:

http://charles.robinsontwins.org/photos/2009/lake_vermilion/content/DSCF5464_large.html

Fun.  Silly.  Loud.

That's the kind of demonstrative activity that has the TV suits dispatching poor sods like Cotty to stand in the snow for hours waiting for the inevitable.

:-)

Joseph McAllister
Lots of gear, not much time

http://gallery.me.com/jomac