thanks John...

I didn't exactly follow your instructions but they helped me get to the area I needed to be in...

I see the reason I couldnt figure it out before is that my type settings are so large that the column
listing "next scheduled" was off the screen to the right...

"main console" is not a buzz word I'm familiar with - at least not in regard to desktop computers...
does that mean C drive? My Computer? Control panel?  - just curious

anyway I'm all set now... it will do everything while I'm sleeping :-)

ann

John Coyle wrote:

Unfortunately Ann, the latest version of PC-Cillin removed the option to set
the actual times for updates to be checked.  However, you can set the times
for system scans to be performed by doing the following:

Open the Main Console
Select "Virus and Spyware Controls"
Click "Set a Schedule"
Select and modify the scans you find there as needed.

HTH

John in Brisbane