Stan:  I actually prefer the original.  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Halpin" <s...@stans-photography.info>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Sunday, March 29, 2009 9:14 PM
Subject: Re: PESO: Bird Watcher (w/ DA55/1.4)

Thanks for your comments. OK, I'll temporarily back off my experiment. If you look at the original, the bulk of the cat may be uncomfortably centered, but the eyes are not. Also, the original crop provides the pun in the title. As with jokes, where if you have to explain the punch-line, you did something wrong, I'll concede. (But, if you are interested, notice the "bird" [chicken] on the left which is watching the cat who is watching birds...)

Three variations without chicken: 1st is actually from another image in the same series, second goes back to a vertical slice of the original, the 3rd is a square-format piece of the original as syggested by JC.

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p821843095/e36e64e6f   Variation 1

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p821843095/e343578e9 Variation 2

http://photos.stanhalpin.com/p821843095/e3dbfc767 Variation 3

stan