On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 2:17 PM, Mark Roberts <msrobert...@ysu.edu> wrote:
<snip>
> What also wouldn't cost a lot more would be to have a feature which disabled
> all the other "features" so that we purists could also enjoy the camera.
> Perhaps some manufacturer will implement this someday...

No!

That's not pure enough!

You're not looking at it from a purist's POV, Mark.

The TRUE purist would look at that button as an "enabling" button,
allowing one to turn ON the "features" at will.  The true purist would
see that as pandering and therefore unacceptable.  The purist's camera
could never have the features in the first place.

Which is why it'll never be built.

cheers,
frank