Yeah, that's a miniscule price. The tubes for my lowbuck SP monolights are $90.
Paul
On Apr 5, 2009, at 9:20 AM, David Savage wrote:

2009/4/5 William Robb <war...@gmail.com>:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Colen" Subject: I need a flashtube

It turns out that the reason one of the studio strobes I bought off a
friend a while back doesn't work is that the flashtube is dead. I
swapped flash tubes and the problem followed the tube.

The strobe is a Paul C Buff white lighting 10,000 and it seems to have
a WFT36R tube:
http://www.white-lightning.com/tubes.html

Other than the Paul C Buff website, are these tubes easy to get?

Is it something that I should be able to get at a regular photo store?
Preferably in San Jose or Santa Cruz. Or am I better off just paying
$20 on line for one?

I think with Paul Buff equipment, online os the only option.
You might be able to mail order if you want to go low tech.....

I'm staggered at how cheap those tubes are.

A mate of mine just had to replace one in one of his monoblocks and it
cost him ~AU$250.

DS