----- Original Message ----- From: "John Sessoms"
Subject: Re: so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel

The objective is to make a darkroom B&W print from a digital capture.

Then you need to make a negative.
I recall reading something about making B&W inkjet negatives in one of the photo magazines several years ago, I think this would be the way to go. Be aware that if you use only the black ink for making the negative you will most likely get a print more reminiscent of a lith film print, and if you use the colour ink as well, the results will be rather unpredictable, since B&W paper isn't pan sensitive..

If you want something that looks like a traditional B& white print, you will probably have to produce several negatives of varying density and print them sequentially using a pin registering contact print easel.

William Robb