----- Original Message ----- From: "Luiz Felipe"
Subject: Re: Toughts... Pentax and Professional Photography

Yes, I ramble - this IS old age. the point is, the moment I assume to get paid for some job I also assume the fine print (if any). The guy who wants me to provide some photo with all rights and full contents of the camera at the end of the session is just paying me an extra. No, I'm not touching the legal or moral content of the session. No, I don't get that kind of deal often and I simply won't sell off my projects like that. But I have no interest of being known as the guy who took some so-so product photo because the client wanted and paid for exactly that photo. I'm paid for those photos, but I don't take them as art. Just the job at hand.

This is what professional photography is about.
The studio owner where I hang out puts it this way:
A professional takes pictures of what he is paid to take pictures of, an amateur takes pictures of what he wants to take pictures of, and generally, there is little cross talk between the two.

William Robb