-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, December 31, 2001 2:23 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: My eBay Pentax garage sale

Two weeks ago I posted a Yashica rangefinder on CameraQuest's rangefinder
discussion list. I had paid $263 on EBay; I tried to sell it to fellow list
members for $185. When I had no takers after 1 week, I posted a classified
on a more widely read site for $225 with whose readers I felt no connection.
It sold yesterday and I shipped it today. But for a $40 shortfall I would
have gladly let one of my RF list buddies have it.

But what is someone to do who has, say, a 135/1.8 PKA*, two of which fetched
$1800 and $1,810 in mid 2001? I don't think any of us at PDML could come up
with that kind of money without risking divorce. Should the seller ask
$1,200 and cheat himself of $600? Or should he say, "If anyone on the list
wants it, it's yours for $1,800"?

I know that Pal grappled with this in recent months, but I can't recall how
it turned out.

Paul Stregevsky

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com