Very well done - needs to be printed to be fully appreciated.

Welcome back Rob !

Kenneth Waller
http://www.tinyurl.com/272u2f

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rob Studdert" <distudio.p...@gmail.com>
Subject: Autopano let loose

Hi Team,

This is my first PESO for a while, more to come if you care,
commendations or critisims welcomed of course.

Like Dave Savage and a few others I've been shooting a good number of
multi-image panos over the last few years, it can be quite rewarding.
However I've found that determining whether your pre-compiled image
really deserves post processing time and attention requires some
automation.

For this purpose I use AutoPano Pro, I let it loose on my newly
downloaded thumbnail images to detect and automatically compile pano
images, it matches up image sets quite successfully but it often also
finds unintended panoramas, sometimes good but most often not.

The following image is one that Autopano "found" and assembled and
that I thought deserved a little closer attention, it's a composite of
four images from two pano sets, one for the sky and the other
everything else. The images were captured using a K10D and the source
files were 2MP JPGs generated in camera, there are errors in the
stitching but really it's amazing that it stitched so well.

The subject is Osborne House and gardens on Isle of Wight

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~distudio/temp/Pano-IMGK01592.jpg (~650kB)

Cheers,

--
Rob Studdert