Companies have an institutional memory and like to do what they know
how to do well.  A major technological innovation can mean major
dislocations.  Suddenly that expensive Swiss timepiece is bested by a
$6 chip watch from Texas Instruments.  Mechanical time pieces became
an anachronism.  So too with film cameras...  Regards, Bob S.